Last Sunday we talked about you being God’s creation. That you are the apple of His eye and designed for a greater purpose in life than you can imagine. It’s so amazing to see God working in the daily lives of the people of Potential Church. Over and over this week God has proven that “He’s got us!” that He is there providing for us and protecting us. There are no surprises in your life for God. Last night at the men’s gathering we heard a testimony and PRAISE from John Paul Rogers of God providing for him. I wanted to share my devotional from Jesus Calling today on this subject…
“REST WITH ME A WHILE. You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days. The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty. Look neither behind you nor before you. Instead, focus your attention on Me, your constant Companion. Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey.
I designed time to be a protection for you. You couldn’t bear to see all your life at once. Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you. Refresh yourself in My company, breathing deep draughts of My Presence. The highest level of trust is to enjoy Me moment by moment. I am with you, watching over you wherever you go. Psalm 143:8; Genesis 28:15 (Sarah Young, Jesus Calling)
WOW! I needed that word today from God. This is our first summer at Potential Church and at times I feel defeated and try to rush ahead to the Fall. I have to remind myself to be patient and that God has moved in a mighty way at Potential Church and is continuing to move among us. Last week we almost hit our weekly attendance average for the last 3 months of the Spring…but it was the middle of the Summer! Here are a few other facts that shows God is moving at Potential Church:
- We have baptized 15 people in 7 months!! WOW!!
- Last year we started with 12 people in April and now we are averaging 75 people each week
- We had 5 Sunday’s of over 100 people since we launched in October
- We had an additional 8 Sunday’s of over 80 people
- Our giving has been stable and growing
- We have seen people rise up into leadership
- Our ladies and men’s group are growing each week
I want to give a HUGE thank you to those whom have stayed strong during this journey of planting a church! There are so many that I will post a proper thank you in another post next week!!
This week I get to rest! I will be on vacation and we have a great speaker filling in for me. My friend Jonathan Pearson will be pumped and ready to talk about Eternity in our Ground Work series. You don’t want to miss Jonathan! He is a great communicator and you will leave changed!
Here is what we need from all Potential Peeps:
- COME COME COME…when you are in town this Summer BE AT CHURCH at 9:50am and ready to worship
- PRAY PRAY PRAY… for lost people to come to know Christ and ask God to use you to make that happen
- GIVE GIVE GIVE…. just because it’s Summer time doesn’t mean that the business of the church stops
- If you are not yet giving 10% try to get to that point over the summer.
- If you are not giving at all ask God to give you the strength to be obedient. Read what the bible says about giving by clicking here and scrolling down.
- Pray about giving an offering above your 10% tithe through our FastForward project
Potential Church peeps you have all been such a blessing in my life! I love each and every one of you and I thank God everyday for you, your willingness to adopt the vision, and your ability to see the future of Potential Church. Our future is bright, God is with us, and I can’t wait to see those come to know Christ because of your faithfulness!